Navíd (pronounced: Nah-veed) Lancaster is a musician, music producer and the owner of LANCAST Ltd, an independent company that creates music for film, animation, video games and mobile applications. You can view his IMDB Profile here and download the online interactive PDF here.
Throughout his career he has built an impressive portfolio from recording artists to producing his own albums and soundtracks. He has also created many radio commercials and audio programs for the Ministry of Information, the Ministry of Health and other Governmental agencies. Before starting his independent company, Navíd worked and trained in various studios most notably KMP Music Lab in 2001 and Suresound Recording Studios for six years. From 2009 to 2012 he also worked as a Sound Engineer Officer/Media Archive Producer at the National Academy for the Performing Arts (N.A.P.A).Other highlights include:
- Composed the soundtrack for film ‘Buck – The Man Spirit’. (Winner of the People’s Choice Award for Best Short at the Trinidad & Tobago Film Festival 2012)
- Composed the soundtrack and trailer music for the film ‘Jab In The Dark’. (Winner of the People’s Choice Award for best short at the Trinidad & Tobago Film Festival 2013).
- Technical Assistant for the Award-winning full length feature docudrama ‘Pan – Our Music Odyssey’ (2014). This film was the Official Selection for multiple Film Festivals around the globe and was broadcasted on PBS (PBS World Channel).
- Sound Designer/Music Editor for the full length documentary ‘Re-Percussions. Pan: Our African Odyssey’ (Winner of Best Documentary at the Trinidad & Tobago Film Festival 2015).
- Technical Assistant for ‘The Refuge’. (Winner of the Best Short Film Award at the Bharat International Film Festival. 2020)
- Composed the soundtrack for ‘Immune’ (Winner of Best Film, Quarantine Category at the Alternative Film Festival, Spring 2021: Multiple Award winner at the Seattle Film Festival 2021 – Best Sci-Fi Short Film International Competition, Best Short Film International, Best Actress Short Film World Competition, Grand Jury Prize Best Director Short Film): Winner of ‘Best Thriller’ at the Imagine This Woman’s Film Festival 2021.
He is also the Music Composer and Sound Designer for the ongoing Knight Series and other content created by multiple award-winning Stack Designer, Anthony Phills. He and Anthony Phills, along with other team members, won the Silver Medal at the 2020 International Design Awards (IDA) for the creation, development and implementation of the Immersive Learning, Augmented Reality (AR) app, UNBREAKABLE. Navid and his works have also been the focus of various newspaper and online articles including guest blogs on Stage32 – the world’s largest social network and educational hub for film, television & digital creatives. The blogs can be seen here: Blog 1 / Blog 2 / Blog 3 . He is also a Stage32 Community Thought Leader (Composer Lounge) and Brand Ambassador at Stage32.
He is also a member of the Bahá’í Faith. A lover of the Japanese language, he also spent two years in the Center of Language Learning in the University of the West Indies (UWI). He was the co-founder/guitarist of the band Broken Mirrorz that, during their twelve year run, played what they called ‘Trini Progressive’ music.
- Member of the Creative Passport (verified via YOTI)
- Member of the Copyright Music Organization of Trinidad and Tobago (C.O.T.T).
- Holder of the Certificate of Recognition of Caribbean Community Skills Qualification (C.S.M.E.).
- Registered Cultural Worker with The National Registry of Artists and Cultural Workers (Ministry of Community Development, Culture and the Arts).
- Registered under the Film Production Directory of Trinidad and Tobago
- Holder of an EDEXCEL BTEC HND in Media and Communications.
- Holder of a BA (Hons) First Class Honors in Media and Communications from the University of Greenwich, England.
- Holder of an MA in New Media and Society from the University of Leicester, England